Sunday, November 26, 2006

arctic bloggers

I ran into a blog that I could really relate to. The post is called "The Plane" and you can view it at http://www.nunablog.ca.
I had to leave a comment on the post. I have been to Igloolik many times. The plane trip to Igloolik from Hall beach is only about a 30 minute flight. Landing is always subject to weather in these far flung northern communities. Here is the comment that I had left on the site. It awaits moderation from the owner of the blog but you can read it here first!


The plane? I was on it. We went from Hall Beach to Igloolik but on the way there it got foggy. So we turned back to go to Hall Beach. The pilot announced 15 minutes later that the fog had lifted in Igloolik. We turned back to Igloolik. When we got there, it was foggy. We circled for 11/2 hr. The pilot decided to head back to Hall Beach again. When we got there, it was foggy. We were then told the wind picked up in Igloolik clearing the fog. We turned around and headed for Igloolik.When we got there, it was too windy to land and the snow was blowing.We headed back to Hall Beach. I don’t know what happened after that as I decided to take a nap. I finally was awakened and found myself somewhere in Nunavut. It was Igloolik. Two inuksuit at the front door told me so.

I encourage you to read "The Plane" at http://www.nunablog.ca
Has the plane come in yet?
I'm going to the airport. See ya.

No comments: